Saturday, October 27, 2012

Texting - Vintage Style


The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is called TEXTING - VINTAGE STYLE. We want you to make a vintage or shabby chic card with text on the front. It can be a sentiment and/or paper with text.

We will be choosing one random winner who will receive a digi of our choice along with at winner's badge to display. The Design Team will choose their Top Pick and that creator will receive a winner's badge but will also be in the running for a monthly Guest Designer spot.

Now, I do not own a Blackberry, I-Phone or Android so I do not text and I am quite happy about that because nothing annoys me more than people constantly walking around with their heads down and their fingers moving. What happened to actually talking to people? I almost hit a girl with my car the other day because she was texting while she was walking and she didn't look and stepped off the curb in front of me while I was turning into a parking lot. I had the right of way but the look I got clearly indicated that she thought it was my fault she almost got hit - NOT. I love that schools are banning these devices during school hours, that restaurants are starting to ask that they be locked up during the time people are in the restaurant and that we have a law banning them while driving although not everyone is following the rules yet. I guess they will get the message when they are killed or they kill someone - so sad!

Now off my soapbox and on to my card. I used a vine mask to create the background and then covered most of it up - what's up with that? I used one of my newly purchased rubber stamps to create the focal image and then I coloured the large butterfly with distress ink, deliberately making it looked a little washed out. I used lots of distress inks on the background, focal image, butterflies and sentiment so I had really inky fingers at the end but it was fun.

I am away this week visiting with a bunch of ladies that chat over at Sassy Cheryl's Papercraft Planet group and will fill you in on all the fun we are having when I return next week.

Image: Time Flies (Inkadinkado)  
Sentiment: Raindrop Echo  
Card Stock: Recollections  
Paper: Background (Handmade), Music (MME), Vellum (Curry's Art Store)  
Tools & Embellishments: Card Candy (Craftwork Card), Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Old Paper & Crushed Olive Distress Inks (Ranger), Gold Liquid Pearls (Viva), Labels 4 Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the colour combination and the lovely quote.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Cec I do not have a mobile and it really gets on my pip when everything stops for the mobile, rant over....gorgeous card, loving all that text hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the vine, so pretty in the background. Love your new stamp and what a beautiful card you created with it. Beautiful job with the distress inks.
    Hope you have had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layered card - and the warm mustard tones are so gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec