Monday, January 7, 2013

Three Funny Snowmen



I didn't get enough Christmas cards made in 2012 and was scrambling at the end so this year I decided to start early and maybe if I keep plugging away, I will actually make it.  My other goal is to make every card flat enough that it only requires regular postage, which is going up to 63 cents here in Canada - ouch.

I haven't had time to play in Sassy Cheryl's challenges for ages but decided I would use one of my newly purchased images and participate this week.  The challenge is Anything Goes (as long as you use a Sassy Cheryl image) so I am sure a Christmas card will qualify.

I also used my new Cameo to cut the snowflake but I really need to spend more time figuring out what blade depth and speed I need for the type of material I am using because it did not go as well as I hoped and I wasted some material.  I know once I figure it out, I will love the machine.

I am going to enter these happy snowpeople in the following challenges:

Sassy Cheryl's - Anything Goes (with a Sassy Cheryl image)
Gingerloft Challenges - Christmas or Winter
That Craft Place - Christmas
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Broken Box Stock - Winter/Snowflakes
Card Crafters Circle - There's No Business Like Snow Business
Dilly Beans - Snowmen
Creative Belli - Winter/Snowmen

Image:  Three Funny Snowmen (Sassy Cheryl's)
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Card Stock:  White for Card Blank (Staples), Pearl White for Snowflake (Recollections)
Paper:  Creating Keepsakes
Colouring Medium:  Pencil Crayons (Prismacolors) with OMS (Gotrick)
Tools & Embellishments:  Card Candi (Craftwork Cards), Chalk (Mungyo)

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cec. Love the fun image and beautiful papers.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea, I hope to get ahead early this year as well. Maybe we can encourage each other. Didn't know you got a Cameo as well, I am having lots of fun trying things and decided to sign up for classes at Jessica Sprague, hopefully I can learn to use my new toy.
    Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cec...oooh, you've been shopping, eh? Me too!! hehe! I'm lovin' all the older SC images...and this one is especially adorable! I love the little snow-people...and your coloring is so pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, a Christmas card certainly does qualify! I LOVE this little sweetie of a card, but then again, I love everything that you do! It's simply precious! Did Miss Emily give you some direction in making it? LOL
    LOVE IT Cec. So glad you play along with us this week. We miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas card. Love the colours and cute image. Good job on getting it within the postage rate.
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Belli Challenge. Pat K

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, cute image. Those three definitely made me smile when I saw them. Your card is lovely. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C-E-C! Hello, roomie! So glad you joined us this week with this adorable card. The snowflake looks perfect from here! I know what you mean about the postage-the square cards cost me a bundle, and the thick ones-well$$$
    I am so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cec! this is just adorable! I LOVE the snowflake.. hadn't seen it anywhere... oh.. that's cause it is a cameo one! Awesome!
    mine hasn't come yet... been waiting a long time. I know it will take some playing around with to get the hang of everything!
    So glad you got down and Sassy with us for our Challenge this week!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cec, I love all of Cheryl's snow people and you have created an awesome card. Love the trees and the snow people are perfectly colored and embellished. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too Cute! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans thius week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These snow folk are so very adorable! Love the snowflake you've tucked in there to! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful winter card, such a gorgeous image. Thank you for joining in the Craft Place challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know my square cards are costing a fortune. I swore I was going to start making all 5x7 flat cards to qualify for the regular postage, but I recently bought a box of 250 6 1/2 square envelopes, so I guess the Postal Authority will love me for awhile longer. LOL

    Your card is darling. Love the blue and white and I adore all of the snowmen too. I am so happy to see you found some playtime and joined us at Sassy Cheryl's this week. I alwys love what you create.


    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful snowmen...So glad you could join us for this wonderful challenge at Sassy Cheryl's. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love this adorable card Cec. Just beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along in the Pick your favorite card challenge this past week with my Sassy Gals. And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card Cec! Love fun image and your design is so sweet! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Challenge, hope to see you again next week. Happy New Year!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec