Saturday, February 16, 2013

Metal Mania


The challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is called Metal Mania.  We want your vintage or shabby chic cards or other paper-crafted projects to show some metal.

For this card I started with the background and sponged some distress inks on a piece of card stock using a hexagon mask part way through the process.

Then I embossed a piece of cream card stock with a Tim Holtz folder and inked it with some dark distress ink.  My 6 year-old Granddaughter was here at the time and she declared it to be "ugly" but I wasn't finished.  Next I painted it with a copper metallic craft paint and then sanded it lightly so some of the ink showed through.

The blimp and word Travel were stamped with Coffee Archival ink and the birthday tag was done on the computer.  All were inked with distress inks.  A few metal gears and a metal brad complete the card.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenge:

Anything Goes Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic

Image:  Blimp stamp (Indigo Blu)
Sentiment:  Travel stamp (Indigo Blu)
Card Stock:  Recollections
Tools & Embellishments:  Brad (Making Memories), Gears (Bead Landing), Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge & Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Hexagon Stencil (Cut by my friend Shirley on her Cameo), Metallic Paint (Deco Art), Coffee Archival Ink (Ranger)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Cec ! Love the metal work and the colours are fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet steampunk card Cec! Love the gears..and the metal look of your embossed piece!! Love the stamp!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, great cogs and wheels, love the metal embossing as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouth of babes. I guess Little girls only like pink and purple. Shabby chic is for use older fashion divas. LOL Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Cec! Love the warm colors and texture you've created. The cogs and wheels are beautiful with the image.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec