Saturday, November 2, 2013

Vintage Christmas


The challenge for the next two weeks at Sugar Creek Hollow is ANYTHING VINTAGE GOES so that means you can make anything as long as it is vintage or shabby chic

Since we are able to make anything this time I decided to try to grow my very small stash of Christmas cards.  In Canada the cost of mailing a letter or card depends more on the weight and the thickness and we don't get penalized for the shape.  So that means we can mail square cards with no extra postage provided it fits through this itty bitty little slot that the postmaster has.  As a result my Christmas cards have to be pretty flat like this one is or I can expect a hard time from my dear husband since they were too thick one year and he had to buy extra postage and stand there and put it on each and every card.

For this card I used card stock from Recollections for everything but the background and that is from a paper pack called Norland from Farm House Paper Company.

The image is from an Artistic Outpost stamp set called Sleigh Ride and has been stamped with Black Archival Ink from Ranger.  I used the Sheet Music Texture Fade by Tim Holtz to emboss the green panel and then highlighted it with Classic Treasure Gold from Connoisseur Studio.  The scrollwork panel was made with a Tim Holtz die and then some Fabricland satin ribbon was added to it.

The sentiment has been stamped with one of the stamps from the Simple Sayings stamp set from Tim Holtz.  The Poinsettia was cut with my Cameo.  Pearl stickers from Recollections were added to the centre of the poinsettia and to the image panel.  Aged Mahogany and Forest Moss Distress Ink from Ranger were used to ink the different elements.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything Goes (must use a stamp)
Whimsy Inspirations - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

The following items were purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic vintage image, its a beautiful card Cec.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic textures and warmth of your beautiful Christmas card, Cec! I always learn so much about products reading how you make your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautful card Cec ! We have the same issue in the UK with postage, I always check if it's going to be hand delivered or posted now. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this lovely vintage image and your fantastic layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Beautiful card Cec! Such warm and lovely colors and a great vintage look! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! I love that flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Vintage Christmas card. Thanks for your kind words on my Blog today. Judy x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec