Saturday, September 13, 2014

Floral Chic


Two weeks have gone by quickly and now it is time for another new challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow.  This time it is called Word Play and we want to see vintage or shabby chic projects that include a word or words, which could be a sentiment but does not have to be.

I think this card is more chic than shabby but I love how it turned out.

I started with some Recollections card stock for my blank and then created the background from a piece of scrap white card stock.  I sponged Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold Distress Ink from Ranger over the piece and then did some stenciling in Wild Honey DI with the Wendy Vecchi checkers stencil.

I cut some leaves from Tim Holtz color core card stock using my Cameo and then inked them with some Forest Moss DI from Ranger.

I added a strip of black ribbon from Fabricland to a strip of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye and fastened that on the right side.  I stamped the sentiment from The Daisy Art set from Wendy Vecchi.

I also stamped the flower from the same stamp set twice and fussy cut it.  Each flower was coloured with Prismacolor pencil crayons and blended with Gotrick odourless mineral spirits.  I popped the top flower up with some foam dots and added some black seed beads from Michaels for the centre.

Finally I made a big bow from some gradient organza ribbon that I picked up in Fancy Gap, Virginia.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Cec! This is just stunning! I love your fussy cut flower and how it looks 3d! Your layered bow is simply gorgeous! Wonderful strip of black, really adds contrast! Love it!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec