Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Make Friends


The new challenge at Frilly and Funkie begins today and Jenny, our hostess for this one is calling it Something To Say.  She wants to see vintage or shabby chic projects with a sentiment taking centre stage, whether you stamp it, print it, write it or die cut it.

I dug out some Maja Design papers to create this card with and the two background panels are from the Vintage Spring Basics pad.  The flower was created from a pad called NYHAVN using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  The leaves were die cuts given to me by my friend and teammate Pamellia and they were inked with Bundled Sage DI.

The clock was cut from Grunge Paper using a Tim Holtz die.  It was coated with Gesso and then I added some Golden Course Pumice Gel to the ring portion.  Once that was dry I covered it with Clear Gesso.  Next I sprayed it with Lindy's Buccaneer Bronze Moonshine Mist and then the legs, handle and knob were rubbed with Treasure Pewter wax paste.  The clock face was a freebie I found online.

The sentiment is word art that I created and has been inked with Spiced Marmalade DI and topped with a teeny butterfly.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers - Sentiment
Simply Create Too - Old, Vintage, Shabby Chic
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Vintage/Shabby Chic

The following products used in the creation of this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

21 comments:

  1. Seriously brilliant Cec!!! I love the words - so true! - and that clock is a real masterpiece. Another challenge aced I'd say! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Beauty for sure! Love your card Cec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that spiced marmalade gives this such a lovely warm glow! I do like how you created that weathered clock too, never heard of pumice gel, but may need to keep my eyes peeled now, hugs Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!! This is stunning Cec!!! Love those vintage layers and such great design! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big huge fan of this one Cec! LOVE when you go all shabby and delicious! That flower is a real stunner and I love the wood texture behind your clock face! Lots of layers, lots of distressing, it's a beauty my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. All the yummy layers!! You have a gift Cec! I adore the clock. Thanks for sharing this with us. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sentiment is so true. beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flower looks so pretty and the clock a superb focal point
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - and love that flower! Your layers and colors are fantastic, and especially love that pumice gel on the clock case! Thanks for wonderful inspiration! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful quote, fantastic handmade flower, amazing layers, clever idea with wood texture behind the vintage clock! Everything about this card is FABULOUS, Cec!
    Hugs!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I adore that flower, so lush and gorgeous. Your clock is fabulous, loving the texture. You are so talented. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful shabby chic card with so many interesting details to look at!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cec!
    I was excited to visit your blog and get the details on how you created this gorgeous card!! The way you've transformed the grunge board die cut clock is AMAZING. It looks like naturally aged and distressed metal! Now on to that flower--BEAUTIFUL!! Your embellishments are the perfect reflection for your sentiment. You are the queen of shabby chic!!
    Thank you so much for the kindness you showed me during my mom's illness and passing. I'm sorry I didn't write before now. I was not in a good place for a few months, but it is friends like you who made me feel like I could survive.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you created the wonderful sentiment and it is so very true. Spiced Marmalade il has now moved up in my color book because that flower is amazeballs! Your shabby chic designs are so spectacular dearie. Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! The clock looks fantastic! Love the beautiful blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, I'm in love with the flower because it's orange and because it's BEAUTIFUL - for sure Cec. That said... WHAT AN INCREDIBLY LOVELY CARD... in every way. Hugs. j.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card Cec. Your vintage clock has some fabulous textures on it and your flower is really pretty. Your soft green and orange colour theme is beautiful and the Word Art is great. Thanks for joining ust at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some very Shabby, tattered loveliness. Loving the layers fun colors, the awesome flower and that great clock. Thanks for the fun

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great sentiment! I love the muted colours with the splash of orange - so pretty. Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous and adorable. So much love this card. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec