Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Holiday Hues


It is time for the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie and Pamellia is our hostess this time.  She is calling it Holiday Hues and describes it this way:

" Make a shabby chic or vintage project using your favourite holiday colour palette for whatever holiday you choose."

Since I realized at the last minute that I had one more card to give out, I decided to stick with a Christmas card in red and gold, which are the colours I decorate my tree and house in every year.  The papers I decided to use are a vintage red and not the usual bright Christmas red.

The background papers are all from A Christmas Carol by Graphic 45.  The vintage image was a freebie from Linda Coughlin.  all the papers were distressed with my distressing tool and some were popped up with foam dots to add some depth.

The snowflakes were cut using the Tim Holtz Paper Snowflakes die set from some card stock scraps.  They were then painted with Champagne Gold Metallic paint from Deco Art.  Pearls were added to a couple and a button from my stash was added to the third.

I dyed some seam binding with Ages Mahogany and Fired Brick Distress Ink and made a loopy bow that was tied with some burlap string that held some little bells.  The bow was layered on top of some cream coloured woven jute ribbon.

The word "joy" is another laser cut from my husband and I used the same Distress Inks to colour it.  I added a little row of pearls to finish the card off.

I hope as you get back into your craft room after all the festivities of the past while, that you will join us for this challenge. 

I am going to enter this in the following challenges:

A Vintage Journey - Vintage Christmas
Dragon's Lair Designs - Vintage Christmas
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Your Favourite Christmas Colours
Through the Purple Haze  - Christmas
My Time to Craft  - Last Minute Christmas Makes
Fussy and Fancy - Happy Holidays
As You Like It - Favorite Christmas Colors and Why - red & gold because they are traditional

The following products used in the creation of this card came from The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful vintage look to this beautiful holiday card Cec. I love the way you've incorporated Linda's freebie on there with that glamorous bow. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cec, this is gorgeous!! I love those papers and I've now added that one to my wish list!! The gold snowflakes add a wonderful touch of festive elegance!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and I'm sending cheers for a Happy New Year! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing vintage Christmas card, Cec! Love that festive combination of red and gold! Stunning!
    Happy New Year! Huge hugs! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous festive red and gold, Cec - I love that gorgeous bow and the children are charming!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love the Vintage feel about this creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Cec! Love the distressed edges and those gorgeous snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous vintage look in two of my favorite colors! Wonderful details all over, and that little image from Linda just tops the cake! Happy New Year - xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Cec, love your colour palette and the wonderful vintage feeling to this beautiful card, thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey and wishing you and yours a happy New Year! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, Cec! I don't do so often, but I printed a copy for inspiration! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazingly beautiful vintage card you have created dearie! You give me hope for the G45 papers I have. You are my muse. :) Love the snowflakes and the GD is so yummliscious! Happy New Year! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful vintage creation. There is just something about those vintage images isn't there? Thanks for joining us at TTPH this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    Dawn DT
    http://cherrytreestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card. everything works so well together. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully vintage with a touch of pizzazz with those gorgeous snowflakes! Your fluffy bow is scrumptious with those jingles bells--my favorite little detail I hope you are having a good start to the New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, love it! Thanks for playing along with us atSparkles Monthly Challenges Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cec!
    Sorry I'm so late in stopping by. We were on vacation until a couple of days ago and I'm just now getting back in the swing of things. I saw your gorgeous card and had to get a closer look!! I love the way the G-45 papers work together with the vintage image. It's as if they were made to go together. You have such a way with these papers. All your special touches come together to create vintage perfection! I hope your holidays were wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec