Saturday, August 20, 2016

Unicorn for IndigoBlu


Today is my first post for IndigoBlu as a member of their International Design Team and I am excited to be sharing it with Solange and Ksenija so I hope you will pop over to IndigoBlu and check out their creations too.

I decided to make a very girlie card with this wonderful unicorn stamp from IndigoBlu called Jewel along with some of the other wonderful new products IndigoBlu has just introduced. 


I cut some white card stock from Recollections for the blank and then set it aside while I made the background, which started with lots of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar on a piece of Terra Skin paper.  Then I flicked some water on with my fingers to get some movement of the ink.


The next step was to mix some of the new Silver Luscious pigment powder with some water and pounce it on the background with a natural sea sponge.  I was so excited about creating with some of the new products that I totally forgot to take a couple photos along the way but if you click on the card photo, you can get a better view and I will add a close-up later in the post.


I stamped Jewel on some white card stock with Jet Black Archival Ink.  Next I mixed some Unicorn Sparkles with some Super Thick Slap it On and spread it on two corners through this gorgeous new IndigoBlu Vintage Frame stencil. Like some of my teammies I have found this to be the best way to keep the glitter from going everywhere.  The best part is that the Super Thick Slap it On dries clear and doesn't change the properties of the glitter.


Here is the close-up where you can see the shimmer of the silver Luscious and the sparkle you get from the Unicorn Sparkles.



The next step was to colour Jewel with a couple grey Prismacolors pencil crayons blended with OMS. Then I mixed some Pink Luscious powder with Golden Self Leveling Clear Gel and repeated it with some of the Purple Luscious. Luscious will mix with all sorts of mediums but I tried this because I wanted something thin enough to paint on that would dry clear and still let the Luscious colour shimmer through - worked like a charm. I just used a fine paint brush to paint both colours on Jewel's mane, her tail and the hair on her legs as well as her horn. I didn't even have to use much of the Luscious to get this fabulous depth of colour.

Once Jewel was ready, I mounted her on a panel of purple card stock and added some sequins from the dollar store.  All the panels were distressed with my scissors.

I added a Wilton doily and some leaves that were inked with Shaded Lilac DI, some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, a loopy twine bow and a few stars that were fussy card from a piece of card stock to which I applied some of my sparkle mixture through the new IndigoBlu Stars stencil.  Finally I stamped the word Sparkle from the IndigoBlu Sparkle and Glisten set with Jet Black Archival Ink, cut it into a banner and inked it with Shaded Lilac DI.

I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Penny Black - Anything Goes with a Stamp
Fab 'n' Funky - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge  - M is for Mythical

5 comments:

  1. Very girly indeed! Love how you coloured the image and your detailing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Cec! Congratulations on a slam bam amazing kickoff post! Beautiful card and design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the background you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Fab'n'Funky :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think about my work, so please leave me a comment.

Thanks!
Cec